In times like this, with the world Corona Virus crisis, we need to find ways to earn a living from home. Internet is the most effective way to do it.
There are several ways to make money online: offering your services like graphic designing, web lay-outing, copy writing, video editing, book keeping and many more.
You can also go with E-Commerce – Drop Shipping, Online Teaching, Networking, Affiliate Marketing, Creating your own software or course and sell it online. Among those, I prefer Affiliate Marketing.
The reason why I have decided to write this article is that I’ve been asked by many of my friends on how to get started with it. But this is only for those who are determined to build a solid business online and scale it up!
Based on my personal experience and that of what I’ve noticed in the social media world, 90% of Online Marketers failed in their respective businesses because of lack of knowledge on how to properly do it, step by step to the ladder of success.
But what is Affiliate Marketing and How does it work?
Let me start with the benefits of Affiliate Marketing:
- No need to create your own products
- Does not need a huge capital to get started
- There are tons Don For You campaigns
- Just Do Simple Steps and you’re Good To Go
- Very Minimal Upfront Cost
- Tons and tons of Free Training
- Your Passive Income awaits You
- Make $500-$1,000/week at the start then Scale it Up in No Time.
It is basically the process of promoting products of other people and your get commission on every sale you make. The more sales you make, the more money you make.
It’s very sweet and so promising hear and see especially at the time that you really are stressed on the daily rat race. But the big question is, “Is that Really For You?” and Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Successful Affiliate Marketer?”
The internet has visualized a very pretty nice picture of affiliate marketing so far that anyone can do and generate income to replace your 9-5 job and achieve the time and financial freedom that you’ve been dreaming of.
Well it’s certainly true – a lot of people making a huge amount of money marketing this way and it’s the very best way to make a living if your key goal is fast and straightforward income. Pretty cool! Right?
But most newbies have the tendency of skipping even the basic procedure that is supposed to help their business take-off. So they quit so easily. If you want to learn more about “Why Most of the Aspiring Entrepreneurs Fail?” Just click here.
Warning: You have to understand that building a long term successful business online much of your time and effort. Your results will definitely depend on the amount of action you take. I’m sorry to be frank that this business is not for all. It is only for those who are 100% determined to change their lives the way they want it to be.
These detailed step by step guide will NOT make you finish in a or 2 days. You may give 2-3 hours a day or more until you finish putting up everything.
One of the great things you have as an online entrepreneur is that you are your own boss. You can just do things according to your own phase.
So are you still with me? Are you now ready? If your answer is ‘yes’, then this is for you.
Step 1. Identify at least five most common problems people have.
Identify at least five most common problems people have that they will be willing or perhaps desperate to do something to solve it. Then, identify to what niche/s those belong.
Remember that even at start, you have to look straight to the problems and find solutions to give help.
Most Recommended niches that dominate the market in this digital era:
- Health and Fitness
- Natural Food Supplements and Vitamins
- Loose Weight
- Get Rid of Belly Fat
- Gaining Abs and Muscles
2. Make Money online from Home or from Anywhere
- Copy Writing
- Virtual Assistant
- Graphic Designing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Online Networking
- Lifestyle Blogging
- Drop Shipping
- Website Building
- Online Dating
- Repairing / Recovering Relationship
- Finding the Best Partner in Life
After you decide on your niche, you condition your mind that you need to work on it to be an expert of it! But it does not mean that you will not start without being an expert.
Start studying on your niche and start sharing it. Apply the learn, teach, inspire method. Then, just repeat the cycle again and again, until you see yourself that you already are an expert! Results will just go along with it.
How is that?
Now, it’s time for you to take the next step!
Step 2. Manage Your Social Media Accounts Effectively.
Managing your social media accounts is a crucial consideration in your success as an online entrepreneur. To just have to do it right. People in this era spend most of its time online for various purposes. Thus, Social media consumed most of our time. So we would want to maximize the benefits of the use of it.
- Clean-up Your Timeline
- Use your real name and do not invert it. People will trust you if you reveal the real you.
- Make sure your profile picture shows your face smiling and choose the one that looks professional.
- Create and use a cover photo that reflects your personality. If you are a nature lover, then show natural scenery on it. You may create a quote that you made it yourself with your name under it and insert your photo in it.
- Clean-up your friends’ list. Delete inactive accounts and unfriend haters who may give negative vibes. So that you will have enough slots for new friends whom you consider to be your market.
- Delete posts showing negative emotions, bad news, and minimize shared contents if possible.
2. Join in groups related to your niche.
- Search and join five to seven groups in Facebook that are related to your niche.
- Be sure to read the description and rules before joining.
- Choose the groups with more members in it, at least 10 thousand members.
- Interact by liking, putting some GIFs, and giving supportive comments to the contents posted by other members, showing you’re a real person who supports and can be trusted.
- Post contents that create curiosity. Avoid giving your direct hop/affiliate links into your posts. You can use it’s links on the posts but not all the time. It is because, the more often times you include links in your posts, the more Facebook Algorithm with detect it and it will lessen your visibility.
- Avoid mentioning your product name and pricing as much as possible. Instead create attraction and curiosity. In this way, interested people will reach out to you.
- Avoid making negative comments.
- Avoid spamming.
- Use this out line : Pain, solution, call to action.
- Connect your posts to an opt in / landing page so that you can collect emails.
Note: I will be talking about more on optin and landing pages in the later part of this article.
3. Add like-minded Entrepreneurs in Your Friends’ List (Network)
- Go to the groups that you have been approved to join and observe those active members that are constantly posting in the said group.
- Add not more than 3 persons in an hour and not more than 15 in a day. Do it every other day until you will accumulate a large group of pre-qualified customers.
Note: Facebook will recommend your page if you have many likes and with a high response rate.
4. Create Your Own Facebook Page
- Choose a name of your brand for your page. Using your own name will help you brand yourself. In case you are establish another brand name that is related to your niche it will also do, considering that you put your name under it.
- Design a cover photo or a video clip, between 20-90 seconds, that will represent your brand as a person and as an entrepreneur. You may go to fiver.com to let somebody do it for you or you may just create a very significant and professional Facebook Page cover just go to canva.com.
- Create valuable and related contents for you to post in your group.
- You may create a note, quote, with relevant photos but if possible create videos that give value to your audience. Videos convert higher than articles.
- Make your posting consistently, at least one post/content a day.
- Be creative in creating your content. Pattern it with magnetic lines that will really catch attention. Integrate curiosity and scarcity.
- Choose your best content for boosting. It’s either you want to get more likes or you want engagement. (Research on Facebook on how to boost your post.)
- Set the auto messaging up to maintain a higher response rate of your page.
Visit and like my page to see updates on values like this.
5. Create your own Facebook Group Page
- Choose a name that will represent your niche.
- Design a cover photo for your group page.
- Make it significant to your niche something that will catch the attention of your audience.
- It may take time for you to think for a design but surely it will matter in establishing your credibility and authority in your network.
- Write a clear and appropriate description and rules and regulations for your group.
- Research on the existing groups of the same niche to refer for your description. Be sure to modify and customize it according to what you think is best for you.
- Identify among your friends whom who think are potential customers for your niche.
- Add to the group those you have identified as potential customers. But make sure that you message them first to get their consent. As you do it, they will have the impression that you are a person with ethics. Respect will surely follow in that notion.
- Add those people who liked your page. Follow the same procedure for ethics in the previous bullet.
- Encourage your existing members to add their friends in the group whom they think are like-minded people.
- Make posts that create curiosity and pin your post. That is one of the benefits of having your own group. You can make your post on top that all members will see.
- Update your pin post at least once a week.
- Respond to the comments in your posts. Acknowledge and thank them.
Note: There are marketers who say “Focus on one or two Social Media platforms only.” But based on what I see in 2020, it will be best to be in several platforms. However, you have to put in mind that you have to limit it according to your capacity.
Let me explain. If you can handle and still be consistent up to 5 platforms, then go ahead. But if you are just working pat time, having your 9-5 job, then you would want to limit it to 3 only. Give more focus to which of those that give you more results.
6. Create a Twitter Account
- In creating a name of your social media accounts, you have to remember that you should be consistent in your brand. I suggest that you use the same name with the rest of your social media accounts to have consistency in your brand and that your audience will easily recognize you and your business.
- Follow successful online marketers on your niche. If possible try to connect with them by sending a message each stabling friendship. ‘Hoping that they will follow you in return.
- Follow your friends in Facebook and YouTube if they also have twitter account.
- Have your posts in Facebook be posted also in your twitter account.
- Same consistency should be observed.
- Like and comment posts of others that you see significant to your niche.
- Respond to those who commented on your posts. Acknowledge those positive comments by saying “thank you” or “I appreciate it”.
Recommended social media platforms : Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Webtalk and LinkedIn. It is important that you set your proper scheduling your time for your business. Consistently matters.
7. Create Your YouTube Channel
There are those who are shy in showing their faces in the video. That is normal. Every successful online marketer started with fear and anxiety on the videos. In fact, when I was shooting my first few videos, it took me an average of 5 hours to shoot a 5 minutes video.
But if you decide to conquer your fear, you will improve along the way. Never stop make more and more videos until you improve and will get used to it. Five years ago, videos were not really that essential.
Many entrepreneurs became successful even without it. But today, it becomes different. We have to face the fact that the internet market world is evolving. It keeps on changing every day. In line to this, if you badly want to get satisfying results, then you have to go with the trend. But, if you think you can’t make it, you will not make it.
Just remember that your mindset mainly affects in achieving your goal in life. Consider the fact that your thoughts and actions will always be aligned to your mindset.
For any reason, you will still not do it! Hear me out, stop reading this article and forget having business online. I don’t want to waste your time reading this.
If you would take time to listen to the Online International Icons, like Nathan Lucas of Freedom Influencer, Gary Vaynerchuk of personal branding, Jono Armstrong for Launch Jacking, and a lot more, you will hear the same line from them.
So, are you ready to make your videos?
- Look for the most searched topic in YouTube and google that are related to your niche.
- List the first 5 in the rank.
- Choose what you think is best for you and for your niche.
- Write an outline of your topic giving a great consideration on the benefits that your audience will appreciate.
- Master your outline. Practice again and again in front of the mirror.
- Avoid “dancing eyes”. Make sure that you have a constant eye to eye contact with your camera.
- Avoid saying bad words while on camera.
- Talking to the camera while walking in selfie mode holds attention longer than those are just standing and sitting still. This will be best for introduction or thank you page videos.
- Make your video as short as possible. Go direct to the point. Make it less than 10 mins. Unless you will be doing a tutorial video sharing your screen to your audience or if you will have a webinar. You will need more time to complete your presentation and answer questions.
I use Camtasia for my video editing for my videos. I really love to use for most of my videos. I’m not an affiliate of it, but you can just google it if you want. In case you don’t have the budget for Camtasia yet, you can just use Wondershare. It has a free version and you can already take advantage. You can just search and install it in your computer.
But in case, for some reasons still you don’t like to show your face in videos, you can use video editor like Doodleoze. It’s a groundbreaking App which makes blackboard, whiteboard, green board & even glass board doodle videos in minutes!
Watch the Demo video below!
Subscribe to my channel here. Since I’m just working on this part-time, I don’t update my videos more often. But your subscription, watch time and likes will definitely help me boost my rank on the searches. Thanks in advance.
8. Join in WebTalk
It’s actually optional, it’s just up to you if you can still handle it. But I just feel, I need to let you know how does it help you.
What is Webtalk? Why should you join? WebTalk is a next generation social utility that helps you manage and monetize your relationships better. Founded in 2010.
WebTalk has raised over $2M in funding and is headquartered in Saint Petersburg, Florida. As of December 2019, members have now reached over 2 million. It is a community of professionals and entrepreneurs that could be potential customers for your business.
And they have their business part on those who wanted to advertise, they give commissions to those who referred them to WebTalk. Because I wanted to maximize my chances to grow my business, I take advantage of this and it really awesome.
It’s FREE to join yet, but only by referral. It means you can only join if you have someone to refer you to it. If you wish you can join with me here.
9. Activate account with Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest
As time goes by, internet market has changed a lot. What works before may not work at this time anymore. Everyone is already getting ready for the big market twist in 2019 and the years ahead.
This time you have to consider using as many social channels as you can to get into more and more qualified leads. Those social Media Platforms I mentioned above are helping more and more entrepreneurs grow their business. You just have to figure out how to use each properly.
Step 3. Create Your Own Website
We cannot ignore that there are those entrepreneurs making results even without a website. But the same thing that we cannot ignore that those who have a personal websites or blog sites with a customized domain name in their links get a great difference on their results.
It means that you need to get your own domain name that will be your online address, your own link or URL. (Universal Resource Locator) It will represent you, your brand, and your product or service.
I would just like to share to you the three great players in domain industry these are the BlueHost, hostgator and godaddy. In my case, I use Bluehost because of its improved support and fast system response rate.
When you use Bluehost, you are able to use create a website in WordPress for Free.
But it’s up to you which would you choose. Having your audience see that you have your own registered residence address online will give you an edge among the rest. They will see you as a person with online authority and it will be a great deal in making your brand stand-out!
Visit my personal website here to learn more, get valuable reviews, and get to know how to claim your bonuses when you purchase or join with me through my links.
If you are an affiliate marketer and you promote Clickbank, Warriorplus, and JVzoo products, but you are just not ready to build your own website for your reviews then, CB Profitsites in best for you.
Imagine having your own ready made reviews and bonuses on the bests products in the market today. All you need to do is to customize it a bit to fit to your own personality and insert your links on it. Then Boom! You already have your own review site.
You can then start promoting it and get paid on your commission. The best thing here, is that you don’t need to spend a lot for it, but you have already what you need to make the money you need and want with the commission you generate.
In case, you are not ready yet to invest money for your website, it is not a problem. You can use the free version of either WordPress.com/WordPress.org or Weebly.com. You can also have a blog site with Blogger.com.
Writing articles that helps your audience in their problems and unbiased reviews will also be a great help to get more potential audience.
Check it out and start creating your website. Then, you can start writing for your blogs and reviews on the products that you recommend to your audience. Take note of the word I use it’s ‘recommend’ NOT sell. Your potential prospects will avoid you if you appear that you are selling.
After giving them the valuable information that’s the best time that you recommend your product and direct them to check it out by clicking on your afliate or product link. In that way, there’s a big chance for them to consider it because you have helped them solve their problem through the information you have given them.
“The reason why people fail in their business online is that they sell and appeared to be really pushy”, said Gary Vaynerchuk.
Step 4. Choose an Offer (Product) to Promote.
Consider the fact that it will be more effective if you identify the problems in which each of your product gives the solutions to it.
Do not be pushy in your posts and reviews but emphasize the benefits and solutions to their problems. You may have 4-5 products to promote in an article or a video, but be sure that they are significant to each other.
Arrange it in a sequence from low to high value. There are several business models that you may use in having an online business: Drop Shipping, Lifestyle Blogging, Affiliate Marketing, eCommerce, Selling your own stuff, Virtual Assistance, Graphic Designing, and more.
However, I personally consider affiliate marketing. It has much less hassle than having your own products or services. You don’t have to take care of the inventory, no worries on where you’re going to store or display your products, no shipping issues, and a lot more.
You just have to drive traffic to the company’s website and have their system handle it’s from the presentation, check-out system, and delivery. So how do we make money with it?
We make money every time the customers you referred buy through your affiliate links. The more you refer, the more customers buy and the more you earn.
But if you are serious with your business, you would want to maximize the opportunity to get your desired results, I recommend you use WordPress. I and it’s so amazing that I don’t have to spend a lot of money for a totally complete online marketing promotion platform! It’s so versatile and has a pool of tools and plugins you will need to grow your business.
Step 5. Build Your List.
One of the most common lines I hear from the big players in the Online World is to build your list. Money is in the List. Why do you think they say that? Can you figure it out? Boys, how do you court a girl? Girls, did you give your yes right away without establishing friendship? It may sound funny, but I’m sure you can relate with it.
It would be rare if someone buys immediately the first time they see your promotion. If they would, then they must have heard it several times from someone else who are not able to get hold of him.
Here it is, generally speaking, people will not buy the product they see in the first time. Now if they click on your link and decided to leave without you getting their emails, you will not be able to follow-up on them or promote other products that may interest and help them.
With your emails, you will have the chance to establish friendship with them by continuously giving value that would be helpful in solving their problems. Gradually, you will gain trust, and then you will have the higher percentage to make them get the product you promote.
You may check on my no. 1 recommendation for best email marketing platform, GetResponse. I like it because, other than you can set your autoresponders, it performs well, you can also create very professional landing pages in it. Sign-up for Free for 30 days!
Now, how are you going to do that? Let me begin with the phrase Sales Funnel. So what is this Sales Funnel that I’m talking about? According to the dictionary, it refers to funneling or qualifying customers to get into your list then have their journey to purchase your product or service.
The top part of the funnel, the biggest one, represents the largest number of people -potential customers. The bottom category represents the smallest number — committed customers — which is why it’s smaller.
Please see below the things to do to construct your own online sales funnel that works.
- Create a Great Landing Page
Landing page creates the first impression on potential customers. So, you have to take time to make sure that it looks great. A good landing page will also encourage visitors to sign up for some sort of list, or subscribe to the website. Just ask for the first name and best email. It will be stored to your list in an autoresponder for you to send them valuable contents to build relationship and trust. There are many sales funnel platforms that you can use to create your own sales funnel.
Still GetResponse will be a great help on this, because it has all the necessary features I need to get my funnel work, and it’s just $15 a month after your Free 30 days!
2. Present an Offer, (Product/Opportunity)
Right after a potential customer enters his email, direct them right to your thank you page with your less than 2 minutes video in it, thanking them for their interest, telling them very briefly about your story, giving them the benefits of the product and it will possibly help them solve their problems, and never forget to call for an action. Tell them to click on the bottom to get access.
They will then be directed to your affiliate link with the company’s sales page presenting their offer at its best. Most of the companies having affiliate program have their own sales funnel.
So as soon as they are in their sales page using your affiliate link, the company takes care of it until the customer purchase the product or sign-up for an opportunity or training.
3. Create an Email Sequence Using Your Autoresponder
After getting their emails, with the help of your autoresponders will send immediately the first email thanking them for their interest and welcoming them to you list. This strategy will help you brand yourself and if done right, this will be a great tool to stand-out at the midst of competition.
Suggested topic for each email:
1st Write a thank you and welcome email.
2nd Tell your story significant to your niche and to the problem of your customer very shortly.
3rd Give value to help them solve their problems.
4th Continue to give value, but this time start recommending your product and explain how it will possibly help them. Provide the link for them to access to the company’s sales page.
5th Make a soft follow-up. 6th continue to give value and follow-up for your offer.
After setting up everything, your autoresponders will do it for you. It is really a great tool to help you and I succeed, but only if you take action, and do things right.
Step 6. Keep it Going!
After 2-3 weeks, observe if have already gathered emails, continue to collect more and more. The more emails in your list the more chances for more sales.
However, If you observe that after 2-3 weeks you are still not getting some, you would need to check on what went wrong. Identify the problem and fixed it as soon as possible.
Most common problems that may arise:
1. You might not be posting or sending it to the right people.
2. Your landing or optin page may not be related to you product.
3. Your autoresponders may not be delivering your messages correctly.
Please refer to the corresponding pages wherein the above mentioned problems are discussed.
Now! You already have all the necessary information to get started. All you have to do now is to take action and be consistent on to it.
However, just in case for any reason, you don’t want to go over those things but still wanted to start a business online as an affiliate marketer, you would want to check out on my product review on the no. 1 Done For Your Affiliate System that you can just plug, play and make commissions!
I hope you have gotten some values from this. And if you do, please lie and share this to your friends whom you think will benefit this. Especially those who wanted to start a business online but don’t know how to get started.
The information contained within this article is strictly for educational purposes. All instructions given do not guarantee that you will get your desired results.
Your success entirely depend on the amount of actions you do for your business. If you wish to apply ideas contained in this article, you are taking full responsibility for your actions.
I’ve done every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information within this book was correct at time of publication and I do not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions result from accident, negligence, or any other cause.
This article contains my affiliate links on my no. 1 recommendations on the marketing tools needed to put things together to make your business work. Should you be purchasing any of those in my links, I would be so much grateful. Part of the proceeds will help me sustain this website to be able to continue to provide valuable contents like this.